National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline
- Need help? In the United States call 800.656.HOPE (4673) to be connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area.
- How does it work? When you call 800.656.HOPE (4673), you’ll be routed to a local RAINN affiliate organization based on the first six digits of your phone number. Cell phone callers have the option to enter the ZIP code of their current location to more accurately locate the nearest sexual assault service provider.
- How can the hotline help me? Calling the National Sexual Assault Hotline gives you access to a range of free services including:
- Confidential support from a trained staff member.
- Support finding a local health facility that is trained to care for survivors of sexual assault and offers services like sexual assault forensic exams
- Someone to help you talk through what happened
- Local resources that can assist with your next steps toward healing and recovery
- Referrals for long term support in your area
- Information about the laws in your community
- Basic information about medical concerns
The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- At The Hotline, we provide more than a listening ear. We want to empower you with information. Check out our lists of resources for victims and survivors, as well as the facts about domestic violence in the United States.
- You can also read about domestic violence in the media and download our press kit in the Media Room.
Resources in Australia:
The Allison Baden-Clay Foundation has an excellent list of many resources available
Resources in the UK:
Paladin: National Stalking Advocacy Service,
Power and Control Wheel from The National Center for Domestic and Sexual Violence